This website was designed to provide information to questions related to our Town, post meetings and events. Here you will find forms, contact information and information regarding services available at the Town Office.
Family Game Night
Come join your neighbors Friday night for Ira’s first Game Night on August 9 at 6:30pm. We will set up outdoor games on the lawn surrounding the Ira Town Hall and possibly the Town Clerk’s Office.
Please bring a lawn chair, your favorite beverage, and a snack/hors d’oeuvres to share. Hopefully it will be an evening of fun and merriment! If canceled due to rain, will reschedule.
Any questions call Mary Ann Black at 235-2446.
Road & Property Maintenance Worker
The Town of Ira will be accepting applications to fill a full-time position with the Highway Department. The position will include performing all necessary work that is part of maintaining town roads and town properties.
1. Current Class A or B license
2. Able to pass a CDL physical exam and drug test – random drug test are performed on an unscheduled basis by the Town’s insurance carrier.
3. Operation of dump trucks, plow trucks, and earth moving equipment
4. Routine maintenance of all equipment operated by the town
5. Winter maintenance requires an employee to be on call in addition to a regular 40-hour week.
6. Road employees interact with Ira residents on a regular basis when working for the Town
Applications are available at the Ira Town Office on Tuesday from 2pm-6pm and Thursday from 8:30am -2:30pm or on the Town’s website townofira.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Town of Ira is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up to receive emails regarding town events and notices.